anatomy for yoga cpd
further developing your understanding of anatomy and physiology for yoga practice and teaching
Anatomy of Yoga CPD days are designed to extend and develop anatomical and practical knowledge for both Yoga Teachers and those who would like to extend their own yoga practise by exploring how the body works.
Pilates Teachers, Personal Trainers, Fitness and Health professionals may also find these days useful for personal and professional development.
Both days will be practical and theory based and will focus on human movement through exploration and application of knowledge.
COURSE DATES 2019
Dates to be confirmed –
from 10 am – 6 pm
Double Tree Hotel,
Yoga Alliance Professionals
Provides 8 or 16 Continued Professional Developments hours.
Limited places available so early booking advised:
Book both Day 1 & 2 for Just £197
Or book Day 1 or Day 2 individually for £107
using the secure PayPal button below.
About the course
- Introduction to anatomical terms and planes of movement.
- Analysis of movement terms and planes in relation to yoga postures and movement.
- Introduction to the physiology of stretching including stretchreflexes and antagonist and agonist movement.
- Analysis of movement and stretching application will include:
- standing and seated forward bend,
- hip openers and
- spinal twists.
Each day will start with a yoga class taught by Sally to waken the body and mind.
Sally will then conclude the day with and yoga class which will talk through anatomy application to help embed theoretical knowledge covered throughout the day.
- Anatomical terms, skeletal muscle action and Reciprocal Inhibition will be reviewed in order to cover any questions from day 1.
- Skeletal and muscular anatomy of the Thoracic Spine and shoulder Complex will be reviewed and applied to yoga postures.
- Practical application and examination of yoga postures, including joint action, planes of movement and muscle action will include:
- shoulder openers,
- spinal twists and
- basic backbends.
Sally will start the day with a yoga class to waken the body and mind and the day with conclude with a yoga-based class which will talk through anatomy application to help embed theoretical knowledge.
Your payment for this CPD course is non-refundable. It is not possible to have your place refunded in whole or part once your booking has been confirmed, or to transfer to a later date once you have already paid.
Therefore we STRONGLY recommend that you take out insurance to cover your costs in the event that you have to cancel or curtail your training. By registering and paying for this course, you are agreeing to this cancellation policy.
Want to find out more about the course?
L Reynolds - Swindon
Thoroughly enjoyed everything about the course, it’s content and the way in which it was delivered and all the other lovely people in the group.
Amazing, knowledgeable, approachable and inspirational tutors.
F Olliff - Reading
I’m putting the knowledge from the course to good use already and feel better informed when talking to students.
H Morton - Swindon
Brilliant two days I learnt so much
T Johnson - Bristol
A great weekend, I feel even more knowledgeable now and more confident on my A&P